We honor childbirth as a rite of passage. Let us join together to explore & cultivate birthing wisdoms, and celebrate our Birthing Community!
*Upcoming Dates TBA*
Enjoy a Holistic Childbirth Education experience that interweaves a comprehensive understanding of our physiology together with reverence for the sacred nature of childbearing. This class celebrates and nurtures your inner wisdom and your deepest connections to your self, Baby, family, community and Spirit.
Over 7 in-person classes we will explore:
- The Story of Conception ~ physiology & mystery
- Models of care & preparing to connect with care providers/companions
- Deeply nurturing & nourishing all parts of our selves
- Enhancing partner connection, understanding & communication
- Brain wave states through the childbearing year
- How pregnancy shifts our physiology & psyche
- The fascinating dynamics of pregnancy nutrition
- The role of the placenta & nourishing Baby in utero
- Decision making ~ tools for your process, listening for Baby’s consent and how to understand & communicate informed consent/refusal
- Signs of labor
- Hormones of Birth
- The Holistic Stages of Birth
- The physiology of contractions
- Labor support
- The role of the father/partner in birth
- Cardinal Movements ~ the Baby’s journey through labor
- Instinctual Birth
- Being with the unexpected
- The Golden Hour
- My Body after Birth ~ the physiology of the immediate postpartum
- Honoring the Placenta ~ options for ceremony & placenta medicine
- The Sacred Postpartum Window ~ planning for the care of your newly birthed family in the first six weeks after birth; and why this matters so tremendously
- Breastfeeding basics
- Songs for birthing & tending babes
- and more!
This class is well suited to parents planning home births & will also benefit parents planning physiologic births in birth centers or hospital settings.
- 7 Class Sessions ~ 3 hr each
- Serene, private location near Asheville
- Nourishing fresh-made herbal teas provided
- Small group size for nurturing intimacy & trust
Interested in group classes or private CBE sessions?
“…build on what you know and believe is sacred. I say this to women and families, the true architects and builders of all authentic birthing communities. Claim what is sacred to you and insist that your birthing traditions reflect the most intimate and holy desires of the soul.“